Monday, August 24, 2009

Townhall questions for my Congressman

Here's the text of an email I just sent my Congressman, who's a Democrat. He's holding a Townhall meeting tomorrow evening.

Congressman,

I regret that I'll miss your townhall meeting due to a prior engagement. However, I'm interested in getting the answers to a three questions.

1. President Obama has made a lot of promises about "Obamacare". Why would you support legislation such as HR3200 that fulfills none of the President's promises due to perverse incentives?

2. Why in the world would Medicare continue to be a separate program once we achieve universal coverage? It doesn't make sense to mandate that citizens reaching a certain age must change their healthcare plans if they already like their existing coverage.

3. Will you pledge to read the healthcare bill before you vote on it?


Thank you for your service.
I'll be curious to see if I get a response other than a form letter.

No comments: